After years and years of using free blogs, I finally decided to buy my own domain! I'm ecstatic about this change, and the possibilities that it may bring into my life. I even started changing links online and my esignature.
On a serious note, this will mean that I will be using this site more often than my handy notebooks just to actually express my thoughts. My Instagram account will now have a "partner in crime".
So why did I make the change?
1. Why did I even wait this long? Seriously. I've been producing online content since Multiply was a trend. If I intend to get my thoughts across, what better way to do it than to actually make myself more credible.
2. Enough with the excuses. I promised myself years back that I will buy my own domain. A promise is a promise. Moving from free accounts to premium ones will allow me to fully experience the applications that I use. I think Spotify Premium was the first thing that I bought online. It was a late decision, but at least I'm now enjoying the music without the ads (sorry).
3. Practice writing. I always loved writing, may it be a poem or just a random daily thought. Flashback college days, I wrote poems for a local newspaper. If I want to be a writer, I better start writing, again.
4. Having my own domain may mean that I can do more collaborations. It may also push me to learn more things about the business.
5. This line convinced me "A goal without a plan is just a wish." I don't intend to inspire people without actually inspiring myself. As they say, practice what you preach.
So what change did you make recently? Let me know in the comment section.
Niguel is an experienced creative and marketing professional pursuing his dreams while growing with infinite possibilities.